International students who decided to go to Israel to student for more than a year must apply for a student visa or A2 Visa. This type of visa is actually intended for every student who has been admitted to any of Israel’s educational institution. This is also a multiple entry visa for students that make it possible for them to leave the country for vacation and then return with the need to get another visa. A student visa is only valid for up to 1 year and it must immediately be renewed. Those who receive the A2 Visa are not allowed to work in the country.
Application for Visa
International students who want to study in Israel must secure a student visa. They must apply at the Israeli Consulate in their home country. Appearing in person at the Israeli consulate or embassy is a must. Upon application, the following documents must be submitted:
- Passport and other essential travel documents that are valid for at least 2 years
- A letter of acceptance from the university, addressed to the consulate or embassy, describing the exact length of the stay of the student and the scope of the studies
- For those students under 18 years of age, they are required to submit a declaration of permission to attend the university
- The visa application form
- Proof of sufficient funds covering the living expenses and the tuition of the student
for more information on:
Visa Extension or Renewal – if you obtained a student visa, it is possible for you to extend or renew your visa at the Misrad Hapanim of the Ministry of the Interior. To be able to request an appointment to extend or renew your student visa, you have to contact the Visa Coordinator of the International School in advance. To renew or extend your student visa, there are some important requirements you need to secure such as:
- An official declaration or letter from the university that states that you are their student
- Visa renewal or extension forms that are obtained as you contact the visa coordinator
- Your current student visa and your passport
- Two passport-sized pictures
Obtaining a student visa is of paramount importance if you want to further your education in Israel. It is also vital to fully understand all the terms and conditions of the A2 Visa to breaching any of the rules. Bear in mind that a A2 visa or student visa does not permit the holder to work in the country. All visas are issues through the consulate of Israeli embassy in your local area or community. In some cases, you program director is the one who will lead you through the process of visa application. We recommend you consult with an attorney specializing in Obtaining a student visa.