MA Security and Diplomacy Studies at tel aviv university
MA Security and Diplomacy Studies is a one-year program that aims to provide advanced analytical tools and comprehension for the study of decision-making, strategy, diplomacy and shaping of foreign and security policy. The program features a multidisciplinary approach, elective thesis, classroom theory supplemented with extracurricular activities and security field trips and interactions with distinguished decision-makers and diplomats in weekly ambassador forums. Bringing together leading practitioners and internationally renowned scholars in diplomacy and security, the program provides an excellent learning experience to students in the English language. Students are prepared and trained for their engagement in global economic groups, defense bodies and international organizations. At the end of the program, graduates are expected to become familiar with the most important issues in the field of strategy, security and global policy information.
What is The International MA in Security and Diplomacy?
students interviewing his classmates about the program
The program is composed of 12 courses with 3 credit hours each, summing up to a total of 36 credit hours. Three seminars are elective and nine core courses are mandatory. Those who are writing a thesis are required to take the course in research methods. For those who are not, it is optional. The final exam is the conclusion of the student’s coursework and requires applying knowledge learned in all compulsory courses. Students who are taking the non-thesis option are required to pass the exam for them to be awarded with the M.A. degree. Those who are writing a thesis don’t need to take the final examination.
The program is offered to all students with a bachelor’s degree in any specialization. To enroll, applicants are required to submit the following together with their online application form. Please note that all documents should be original and mailed from their source.
- Copy of their bachelor’s degree diploma
- 2 recommendation letters from professional and academic sources
- Official transcripts from higher education institutes they’ve attended
- Transcripts that are not written in English require a notarized translated copy for authenticity
- General GPA Requirement – C on the ECTS scale, 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or 80 on a 100 scale
- 3-page personal essay that includes the reason for pursuing the MA Security and Diplomacy Studies, how the applicant can contribute to class dynamics and program and how the program can help in their growth as a professional.
- 1 photo (passport sized)
- Resume or CV
- Application fee of $100 USD (can be paid via bank transfer or credit card)
- IELTS or TOEFL examination scores
- Minimum IELTS Score – 7.0 General Band Score
- Minimum TOEFL Score – Online based exam score of 89, computer based test score of 230 and paper based examination score of 573
- A medical form issued by a licensed doctor and health declaration completed by the applicant
- While the file of an applicant is classified as Under Review, both forms aren’t compulsory, but should be sent to the school as soon as possible.
The annual tuition fee is $16,500. Several funding sources, including external scholarships, delayed payment plans and need-based tuition aid are also offered to all students. Visit http://international.tau.ac.il/scholarship_programs for more information on funding options available to international applicants.
Interested applicants can contact the office via email or phone anytime at their convenience. Friendly and helpful staff will be there to attend to their needs and answer their queries.